• Home to one of the seven wonders of the world, Victoria Falls.
• Home to the largest man-made lake in the world, Lake Kariba.
• Home to some of the best game reserves in Africa.
• Zambia's name comes from the zambezi river. The word zambezi originates from a local word, yambezhi "heart of all".
• It has been independent for 50 years now and celebrated its jubilee on 24th October 2014.
• Zambia is larger than Texas.
Zambia our beautiful landlocked country located in the southern part of Africa, with a tropical climate, and consists mostly of high plateaus with some hills and mountains, dissected by river valleys. At3500 and 4500 ft above sea level and 752,614 km2 (290,586 sq mi) it is the 39th-largest country in the world, slightly smaller than Chile. The country lies mostly between latitudes 8° and 18°S, and longitudes 22° and 34°E. Zambia is drained by two major river basins: the Zambezi/Kafue basin in the centre, west and south covering about three-quarters of the country; and the Congo basin in the north covering about one-quarter of the country.